Bathroom Remodel Trimmings
The plumbing’s done, the floors in, the walls are covered. It’s time to start with the trimmings.
• Benjamin Moore Historic Color Line. On the walls I elected to go with the Aura Line which runs about ~$50/gallon
o Ceiling – White
o Moldings & Wainscoating – Cream Silk oc-115
o Walls – Norwich Brown – HC-19
• Total Cost ~$160.08
Mouldings & Wainscoating:
• Baseboard – 7.25’ x .75’ board — I had to buy a router to finish the edges
• Chair Rail – 2.75’ x .75 board – again I had to finish the edges to make it look right
• Wainscoating – X.X Tongue and Grove bead board. Keiron at Design Mouldings told me that MDF would not work very well in a areas where you had the potential for water exposure.
• Total cost – ~$400 for all the wood.
• Sink – Kohler: K-2322-8 Kathryn® pedestal lavatory with 8″ centers http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?item=8044002§ion=2&category=16
• Toilet – Kohler: K-3484 Kathryn® Comfort Height™ two-piece round toilet
• Bathtub – Victorian Classic
• Wall Sconces – Hudson Valley 2311F-OB Hudson Valley 1971-OB
• Ceiling Light — Hudson Valley 2311F-OB
• Total Cost — $350